£6.53 – £9.82
TruDesign Recessed Skin Fittings
TruDesign Recessed Skin Fittings (Thru Hulls)
- Designed and made in New Zealand, the Skin Fitting body and nut are moulded from a glass-reinforced nylon composite.
- High strength, high-modulus glass fibres provide dramatic strength, stiffness, toughness and dimensional stability.
- These properties allow a significant weight reduction over metallic fittings.
- TruDesign Skin Fittings eliminate the corrosion and electrical bonding problems associated with metallic fittings.
TruDesign Skin Fittings are certified by the International Marine Certification Institute (IMCI) & Burea Veritas to meet; ISO 9093-2 Small craft — Seacocks and through-hull fittings — Part 2: Non-metallic.
They also comply with ABYC H-27 when used in conjunction with the TruDesign ABYC collar.
- When used in below waterline applications, a Ball Valve should be directly connected for safety and compliance to relevant marine standards.
- An Application Tool is available to allow the skin fitting to be installed by one person.
- Please download the Data Sheet for dimensions, features and installation instructions.
- Suitable Adhesive/Sealant for bonding the skin fittings can be found here.
- See the Mould Plugs for use with these Skin Fittings. Ideal for production boat builders.
- Manufactured from a glass-reinforced nylon composite – High strength and light weight
- Compatible with most hull types – Can be used on wood or GRP hulls
- Immune to corrosion and electrolysis – Long life with no concerns over decreased performance due to corrosion
- Chemical resistant – Impervious to diesel, petrol and antifouling paints
- UV resistant – Will not degrade or discolour with ultraviolet light from the sun
- High quality surface finish – Will not discolour with green film as similar bronze fittings do
- Paintable – Can be painted with all types of antifouling
- Limited Warranty
- TruDesign accepts no responsibility for Ball Valves or Skin Fittings which are improperly installed, especially in the case where a Ball Valve with tapered threads has been used.
3D Interactive Model
1/2" BSP, 3/4" BSP, 1" BSP, 1 1/4" BSP, 1 1/2" BSP