Vented loops are used predominantly in toilet to overboard applications, toilet inlet applications and holding tank to overboard applications. They can also be used in genset or small engine inlet cooling water systems.
The simple one way breather valve at the top of the vented loop allows air to enter the line when not in use, thereby preventing siphoning – and yet seals when water or waste passes through the loop. The duckbill one way valve is designed to seal even when particles are present in the fluid.
- Silicone duckbill valve – Long life with no perishing or hardening
- Constant internal diameter – No restriction to flow
- Self-contained mounting – 3 screw mounting posts give secure and easy installation
- Chemical resistant – Impervious to diesel, petrol, toilet cleaning chemicals etc.
- UV resistant – Will not break down or discolour with ultraviolet light from the sun
- High quality surface finish – Will not discolour with green film as similar bronze fittings do
- Large operating temperature range – Suitable for all marine environments, from -20°C to +110°C
3D Interactive Model
Frequently Asked Questions
- What height above waterline for mounting a vented loop ?
A Vented loop should be mounted a Minimum of 250mm above the waterline and the higher the better especially in the case of a yacht where the height to waterline can change when the vessel is heeling over.