A range of spanners moulded in a nylon glass reinforced composite suitable for tightening the TruDesign Ball Valves
The size of the spanner should match the size of the Ball Valve you are installing.
- Manufactured from a glass reinforced nylon composite – High strength and light weight.
- Immune to corrosion and electrolysis – Long life with no concerns over decreased performance due to corrosion.
- Chemical resistant – Impervious to diesel, petrol and antifouling paints.
- UV resistant – These fittings will not break down with ultraviolet light or discolour from the sun.
- High quality surface finish – Will not discolour with green film as similar bronze fittings do.
- Large operating temperature range – Suitable for all marine environments, from -20°C to +110°C.
If the valve is to be assembled to a skin fitting, ensure that the position of the skin fitting is such that it will be in a protected area, but readily accessible.
Ensure threads of mating fittings have a parallel thread and it is clean and undamaged.
Apply sealing tape or other suitable thread sealant to the thread of the Skin Fitting or Tail.
Screw ball valve onto the mating fitting using the correct Ball Valve Spanner (see sizes below).
Tighten any attached fittings to a maximum of 16Nm (12ft/lbs).
Check that the final position of the Ball Valve is such that it allows full movement of the handle from the open to closed position, and that it is clear of objects which may cause inadvertent operation.